Mariner of the Seas overview
Singles, couples, and families can choose from an assortment of active adventures on Mariner of the Seas: Gaze at the horizon from atop the 200-foot rock-climbing wall, glide around the ice-skating rink, or soar across the ship on The Perfect Storm waterslides. Unleash your competitive side with glow-in-the-dark Battle for Planet Z laser tag, then head to the Sky Pad for some bungee trampoline fun. Teen hangouts and kid-friendly programs, such as Adventure Ocean, keep younger passengers entertained while adults dance the night away in a Latin-style club, try their luck in the casino, or explore the ship's nine bars and lounges.
Mariner of the Seas received a massive $120 million update in 2018 as part of the Royal Amplified series of refurbishments, which added enhanced staterooms along with activities like the gravity-defying Sky Pad, an escape room, the FlowRider surf simulator, and new water slides. On the dining front, Royal added Izumi hibachi and sushi, the Polynesian-themed Bamboo Room bar, and Jamie’s Italian with Italian selections by Chef Jamie Oliver, supplementing a lineup of options that already included fan-favorites like Johnny Rockets, Chops Grille, and even a Ben & Jerry’s.
Mariner of the Seas itineraries include short, 3-4 night Caribbean and Bahamas sailings out of Miami, Florida. Cruisers on Mariner of the Seas can enjoy Royal Caribbean’s Perfect Day at CocoCay, an exclusive resort-style island featuring a thrilling waterpark, relaxing overwater cabanas, zip lines, and wave pools. In June 2019, Mariner will leave Miami and begin sailing from Port Canaveral.
- 200-foot FlowRider surf simulator
- Battle for Planet Z laser tag
- Adventure Ocean for children ages 3 to 17
- Royal Babies and Tots nursery
- Sky Pad virtual reality trampoline adventure
- The Perfect Storm waterslides
- Escape Room
- Perfect Day at CocoCay
- Live entertainment, including orchestral renditions, ice skating shows and guest performers
- Variety of bars and lounges, such as Playmakers, Bamboo Room and Wig and Gavel
- 9 specialty restaurants including Chops Grille, Jamie’s Italian, Izumi, and Playmakers
- Fitness classes, table tennis, and sports courts
- Whirlpools and swimming pools
- Full-service Vitality Spa
Before You Book
Why Sail on Mariner of the Seas: Families and highly-active travelers find this ship ideal thanks to the plethora of modern activities and entertainment available, as well as the affordability of shorter trips.
You Should Know:Travelers looking for longer trips or those who are sensitive to crowds should consider looking elsewhere.