Symphony of the Seas overview
Symphony of the Seas currently holds the title of the world's largest cruise ship. Onboard, travelers can experience an array of Royal Caribbean's signature amenities, including multistory waterslides, world-class performances, and limitless dining opportunities. With so many options, this mega-ship delivers a fully customizable cruising experience for families, couples, and singles.
Less than one year after its maiden voyage in April 2018, Royal Caribbean's Symphony of the Seas earned our 2019 Members’ Choice Award for Best Ship, making it the first new ship to win the category. Cruiseline.com members consistently rave about the quality of the food, the friendly staff, and the selection of activities and entertainment, including the Broadway musical Hairspray and HiRO, an original acrobatic production inspired by Japanese warriors. Families can take advantage of Royal Caribbean's complimentary Adventure Ocean activities and teen-only lounge while adults unwind in the Vitality Spa, Solarium, or one of the many onboard bars and clubs.
Symphony of the Seas itinerary scheduleFor the 2019 season, Symphony will sail from Miami to destinations throughout the Caribbean. Itineraries include 3-, 4-, and 7-night cruises making calls in Puerto Rico, Saint Maarten, Saint Kitts, and Honduras. Select itineraries for 2019 take travelers to the Bahamas as part of Royal Caribbean's Perfect Day at CocoCay experience.
Symphony of the Seas ship highlights
- Twenty-three Pools and Jacuzzis
- Zip line and dual rock climbing walls
- Two FlowRider surf simulators
- Typhoon and Cyclone waterslides
- Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea
- Glow-in-the-dark Planet Z laser tag
- Teen programs and Fuel disco
- Adventure Ocean kids program
- AquaTheater shows and acrobatics, including HiRO
- Broadway-hit Hairspray, , stand-up comedy, and more live entertainment
- Diverse dining, including Hooked Seafood and Sugar Beach
- Clubs and lounges, including Playmakers Bar & Arcade
- Solarium for passengers 16 and older
Before you bookWhy sail Symphony of the Seas:With more activities and amenities than you can hope to experience in a single seven-night sailing, Symphony of the Seas is ideal for active couples, singles, friends, and families looking for nonstop entertainment and excitement.
You should know: While Royal Caribbean has a knack for designing their ships to cut down on crowds and choke points, Symphony is still the largest ship in the world and can accommodate over 5,500 passengers on a fully booked sailing. Travelers who shy away from crowds and prefer a more relaxed, intimate experience should consider another line or a smaller Royal Caribbean ship.