Fun on Mariner of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

7 Night Western Caribbean (Galveston Roundtrip)
Sail Date: January 20, 2013
Ship: Mariner of the Seas
I had high expectations of this cruise because I'd so enjoyed cruises on other of the Seas category on Royal Caribbean. The stateroom, a Promenade View cabin, was fun, but rather smaller than balcony cabins I've been in before.
The Promenade is a marvelous experience just by its self. Just like a busy street in a smart shopping district, with many shops to browse, a little restuarant, ice cream counter, and a band stage with daily entertainment. Room to dance to the music.
Bustling, energetic "street" almost as long as the entire ship.
The wait staff in the dining room (I definitely recommend "My Time Dining". Was superior. Reserve a table by the window and enjoy the experience.

Wonderful, attentive wait staff.

didn't use

a bit small

Learn which side of ship your cabin is on to easy finding it the first few times. Remember: food is aft, entertainment forward. Simplifies which way to head out.

walk ashore.
tender ashore
walk ashore to the pretty new shopping