Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Bermuda

Just ok

Sail Date: September 04, 2016

I was excited to take my first cruise out of NYC... and was really looking forward to sailing on Norwegian Breakaway having sailed on it's sister ship the Norwegian Getaway from Miami and loving it!  I chose the Breakaway because the ships are virtually identical with only a few venues which are different.  The sail down to Bermuda was great and the island of Bermuda itself was a great place to spend three days without having to get on and off the ship at different ports.  However I was a bit disappointed with the entertainment and the entertainment staff throughout the week on the breakaway.  The entertainment onbored the Getaway seem to have more energy which I enjoyed and the Breakaway lacked.  Even the service from the restaurant staff seem hit or miss.  You either had a great experience or you had a a staff that barely acknowledged you.   I don't normally criticize the service a board ships as I know the crew ships work extremely hard for very little acknowledgment. However, it was very apparent that some were either over their jobs or just extremely tired.  Overall this cruise was OK,  but not what I expected when it came to the service and entertainment.  I thought they would have set the bar a  bit higher especially sailing out of NYC. I still would sail NCL's newer ships because they are great and I know this is not the norm.

Great room in a quite area and a larger than normal balcony.