Carnival Cancelled my Booking for being 3 days Late and having to pay extra $600

Anybody had this happen and any advise to in getting a refund or on board credit, at least? Booked through expedia who sent me reminder emails but they got lost in my hundreds. No call, no letter, no email or any contact from Carnival directly which seems a bit off. A 2 minute phone call would've resolved the situation but instead they auto cancel me and I have to re-book at extra $600 or lose my $600 deposit. Strange the $600 extra ticket price is the same amount as the deposit huh? Very unfair...speaking the "supervisers" at both Carnival and Expedia I am left thinking I will have to dispute the original $600 deposit via my credit card company on grounds of a completely unethical business practice. They didn't even offer an upgrade or credit of any sort whatsoever. Great service from the fun ships.

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines

46 Answers

Truthfully, you’re lucky you were able to get your cabin back. It could just as easily have been resold. That policy is industry wide.

Hello KLB. I had no option other than to pay up double and go on the cruise as I had family that had already booked it. Otherwise I would've told them to ram it and go ahead and keep my deposit and just go on a different cruise. The cruise was actually very nice itself but I will not ever be back to carnival.

There's plenty other cruise lines that don't try and shaft their customers. That's the capitalism you're talking about with all that trophy BS right? I'll spend my money elsewhere with reasonable companies that like their customers.

LOl I like you, you tell it like you see it. I wanted to pay my final payment in 3 weeks but my very kind TA gave me a heads up that final payment is due on Feb 20th.. I paid this past Monday.. No way was I going to lose money on this cruise.

Well Gary, if you’re out there, how was the cruise ?

Well said. Nobody here to blame but the booking passenger.

Amen !

Well said! Sometimes being a responsible adult is no fun, but a deadline is a deadline. In the real world there are consequences.

‘WOW what ? You resurrect a 2 year old thread ............why ? To be critical of the truth.

the guy was 3 days late with his final payment. 3 DAYS! Calendars have been around for thousands of years.

Yeah ... but S#$t happens. They have deadline dates for a reason and it is the bookers responsibility to pay attention to it. It is called taking responsibility for your actions.

Cheers,

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.