Carnival Cancelled my Booking for being 3 days Late and having to pay extra $600

Anybody had this happen and any advise to in getting a refund or on board credit, at least? Booked through expedia who sent me reminder emails but they got lost in my hundreds. No call, no letter, no email or any contact from Carnival directly which seems a bit off. A 2 minute phone call would've resolved the situation but instead they auto cancel me and I have to re-book at extra $600 or lose my $600 deposit. Strange the $600 extra ticket price is the same amount as the deposit huh? Very unfair...speaking the "supervisers" at both Carnival and Expedia I am left thinking I will have to dispute the original $600 deposit via my credit card company on grounds of a completely unethical business practice. They didn't even offer an upgrade or credit of any sort whatsoever. Great service from the fun ships.

Tags: Carnival Cruise Lines

46 Answers

This topic is now closed to new posts

Going to shut this 2+ year old thread down as it's devolved to name calling and hostility.

Well said. Happy

That sucks

Dude .. I sure do not work for Carnival nor have I ever sailed on Carnival ... however in this case you are wrong ... dead wrong ... Every cruise line would have responded the same and I would back them on it ... so put on your big boy panties and just say yep I screwed up and it cost me. Life is all about learning and you just had a great experience.

WTF, does any of this have to do with anything ? Bunch of gibberish from a opw

Being a Mom, I know we will tell you anything to get you to hush Big SmileBig Smile

Gary, since you're a one post wounder and not active on the web site you can shut off E-mail notifications so you do not get an e-mail anytime somebody comments on this post by

1. upper R side of heading click on the drop down next to your icon

2. go to settings

3. "Forum, roll calls" and make sure no mark in box next to "Updates to forum discussions I follow"

Then you will not be bothered as people continue to discuss this topic that you posted.

This also works for all members that do not want a ton of E-mails every time a topic you answered is answered by someone else.

WOW....... a 2 year old thread of somebody upset because they made a mistake gets brought back to life and they are still upset and calling people names. Garry needs to read Cruiseline.com Community Guidelines https://cruiseline.com/guidelines about being polite and not calling people names. He is a one post wounder just to complain about his mistake that he feels he was wronged by. Rules are rules and a contract spells things out. sorry he feels cheated but the cruise line did not break contract, he did. Black and white.

Disclosure...... I do not work for Carnival or any cruise line and I'm not a D-bag (mom told me I'm not) Big Smile

The fault, for many of today’s attitudes in the way people think, Is due to bumper bowling. Jmho, mind you. But those gutter bumpers were the beginning of the nobody loses here wa of thinking. Children learn more life lessons in losing, than winning.

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.