Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Customer DISservice

Sail Date: June 04, 2008

This was my fourth cruise so I do know what to expect when it comes to cruising and the Celbrity Summit and its staff fell terribly short. I would NOT reccomend this ship for anyone under the age of 60. Everything closes at 8pm or what remains open is geared for the senior crowd. The guest services personnel were abrasive, unapproachable and unknowledgeable or unwilling to assist with problems. The food was on the level of "Old Country Buffet" and the desserts were terrible!!! I will say that this ship does have a speciality restuarant that is fabulous, but it cost extra. Just like soda pop is $2.88 + a 15% gratuity added, it is like liquid gold for them. And the buffet (trough) was every man for himself and awful. My husband had coffee spilled on him by a waiter and was not apologized to until it was brought to the managers attention. This by far was the most disappointing cruise I have been on and I am sorry to say I would not reccommend Celebrity to anyone (too bad Royal and Celebrity are the same) its like have that one family member no one wants to talk about.

Pros: Ports of Call

Cons: Just about everything on the boat

Recommends Celebrity Summit? No.

Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Nice. The subway/Metro is clean and cheap and takes you anywhere you need to go.
Don't Miss: Acropolus
Naples, Italy
Naples itself is kinda scary, like Detroit scary. Take a drive to Sorrento, you will not be sorry.
Don't Miss: Sorrento
Santorini, Greece
Just breath-taking
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Beautiful and the people are wonderful. Prices are good and this city has an incredible history.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Take the time to drive or get a guided tour of Florence. It is not to be missed.
Don't Miss: Florence
Venice, Italy

Don't Miss: Island of Murano
Cannes, France
Go eat lunch at Hotel Carlton on the beachfront, good food, relaxing and who knows you could rub shoulders with a star.
Don't Miss: Hotel Carlton
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
I was so disappointed. Rome is FILTHY!!! Be prepared for rude encounters and lots of trash. The history is incredible though.