Celebrity Solstice Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

The cruise I booked NEVER made it to the Tracy Arm, UNCALLED for decision.

Sail Date: August 21, 2015

The weather was good... the captain  MADE A DECISION TO NOT GO TO THE AREA I BOOKED MY CRUISE TO SEE.  He had a med-vac situation in the middle of the night and arbitrarily decided he'd float around at sea and Juneau [to help rip off passengers by the cruise line subsidized vendors in Juneau]  He had plenty of time to meet his emergency AND ALSO GO TO TRACY ARM. When I asked Cruise passenger relations if any compensation could or WOULD  be forth coming I was told NO,  the cruise line did not have to make any compensation...very BAD public relations.. NEVER saw the Captain or OFFICERS of the ship ,EVER. Very controlling policies  regarding room service and anything offered that could be charged extra for..all in all I did not enjoy this cruise. The best I can say is that the room and dinning staff were good, honest ,hard working and FRIENDLY. THE FOOD WAS GOOD, but then I expected it to be.

I expect to hear from the Celebrity Cruise Line Corporate Office regarding not getting to the destination I Paid to see. The cruise was awash with Convention Type people who TOOK OVER the ship and its services. I purposely book this cruise as it was offered to HAVE "LESS YOUTH AND NO YOUNG CHILDREN" THAT ALSO WAS MISLEADING IN YOUR ADVERTIZING...  again I have NO young children and did not want to see or hear them in a horde on the ship.

*** EDITED 9/2/15 BY COMMUNITY MANAGER TO REMOVE PERSONAL INFORMATION ***

very controlling about what one can and cannot do in ones cabin. I expected to be able to bring AT LEAST ONE BOTTLE OF SPIRITS for pre dinner drink. Ship needs to provide alcohol room service, and NOT the $12 / per mini bar..I do not like to be told what a can do in my room as long as it is legal.
Never made it to the destination I booked the cruise to see.!!!!!
I am older and went to bed early. My daughter was propositioned by a same gender person the first night at sea. NOT GOOD.
ship was touted to have less to NO children.. they came in mass with the CONVENTION GROUP who took over the ship.
very good service, esp a waiter named Sebastian in main dinning room.
wait staff was excellent
Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
lovely town and good experience.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
would have been nice to see it BUT.........it was not offered.
Juneau, Alaska
people with disabilities and the elderly cannot GO ASHORE....
Skagway, Alaska
Dumpy town
Victoria, British Columbia
to short a stay.

expand your restrictive rules about alcohol IN ones paid for room, and provide service to bring drinks other wise.