Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

A good cruise but not our best cruise

Sail Date: August 30, 2015

The food and service on Princess has always been top notch and I am happy to report that aspect of our time on The Ruby Princess in Alaska was as wonderful as we remembered and expected.

We were a little disappointed in the quality of the entertainment and the activities.

We have cruised with Princess many times in the past.  We have even been on The Ruby once before.  I have always raved about the stage shows on Princess.  On this last cruise, the singers and dancers were not as good as those we have seen on past cruises.  The dancers in particular were not of a high caliber.  They seemed to be a little lazy where technique was concerned.

The Entertainment staff also seemed to suffer from a lack of enthusiasm.  I normally enjoy karaoke but the hosts for the karaoke events were condescending, seeming to make fun of the participants rather than encouraging them.  I was also very disappointed with the song selection.  It was very small.  On past cruises, we enjoyed taking part in Wi-bowling, Wi-golf and Wi-archery.  None  of these activities were available on this cruise.

We attended one meeting for LGBT people on this cruise.  It was a nice meeting and we met a few other gay couples.  Romeo was the crew member who met with us for that one meeting.  He assured us there would be at least a couple of other meetings but none were ever announced in the patter.  This was disappointing.

I'll say again that the food and service were outstanding.  But, the caliber of the entertainment and Entertainment staff left me and my husband feeling disappointed.

Edwin was great. The bed was comfortable.