Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Trip to Alaska 08/30/15 to 09/06/15

Sail Date: August 30, 2015

Taking a trip to Alaska was something my wife and I have wanted to do for some time.

I would recommend this to others, but I will also explain to them what to expect.  I believe for the cost being paid up front, there should be a welcome package that includes the picture being taken when you first get on the ship.  Any pictures being taken after that is elective and should be chargeable.

I paid $112.70 on an upgrade for something called "unlimited Soda & more" for my wife and I.  I expected that I would be able to get a can of coke or a bottle of water at no additional charge.

Because there is a lot of things being offered during the cruise that are at additional charge, you get the feeling of being nickeled and dimed when it comes to things like having to pay for can of coke versus fountain drinks or pay for bottle water versus water in a glass.... even though I already paid $112.70 extra for unlimited non alcoholic drinks.  I feel I was taken advantage of.....

Every thing else was what I had expected, so my point here is to make this an excellent experience, cut down on the nickel and dime effect.

Seattle, Washington
Ketchikan, Alaska
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Getting to Victoria at 7pm and leaving at mid night does not allow enough time to see the sites during day light hours... the example is the Butchart Gardens. By the time you get there it is getting dark and you can not see the full beauty of the place. I would have gladly given up an hour in Skagway to gain an hour in Victoria.