Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage With Tracy Arm Fjord

Sail Date: August 02, 2015

The cruise was wonderful for the most part. The crew was excellent. The views through the inside passage were greater than I could have ever imagined. I have been on many cruise ships and I thought the space in the stateroom was utilized better than on any of the other ships that I have seen. I thought the closet and cabinet space were more than adequate for a 7 night cruise with two persons. I did find the head in most of the restrooms on the ship had foul gases escaping and frequently would not flush. I have never had this experience with other cruise lines. The Ruby Princess also does not have as many public restrooms as other ships I have been on. I also found that other cruise lines offer more late night food options such as 'Midnight Buffets'; however, I still found the food on the ship to be very good.

There were many options to listen to musicians, but not enough shows.
There were not enough onboard activities.
I thought that the cabin utilized space very well. The cabinets and closet were more than adequate for two persons on a 7 day cruise. The head in the restroom often had noxious gases escaping from it and frequently would not flush.

Darwin the waiter in the Da Vinci dining room did an excellent job. There wee 10 people at our table and we were all gluttons. Darwin handled every ones demands and always had a smile on his face. He always had a good description of what was on the menu. He never faltered with the many orders.