Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Alaska is the best place to go

Sail Date: July 26, 2015

Room Type: Suite

Alaska is one of my favorite places on earth!  I highly recommend this destination to everyone.  As for the Ruby Princess, I thought the food was poor quality and the onboard entertainment was lacking imagination.  I made a mistake when I booked this cruise.  I failed to compare the times we were in port and sailed Tracy's Arm.  My advice is skip this itinerary for its timing ashore and find one that offers better hours while visiting the incredible ports.  I have had very good experience going with independent operators for excursions.  You can't go wrong with Alaska, Princess Cruise Line maybe another story.

BED: I had to request an egg crate topper because a spring kept popping in the overly worn mattress.
BATH: We had to call for service because the toilet would not always flush.
ROOM: The room smelled of diesel and dirty feet. I'm not sure why.
Seattle, Washington
I stayed near the airport for about $200.00 less than downtown and getting to the ship was a breeze.
Ketchikan, Alaska
We used Oasis Charters for a salmon fishing trip. Saved money and had a blast!
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Choose a cruise that does the scenic route on a sea day, our boat started this journey at 4:00 am, not cool......
Juneau, Alaska
Skip the overpriced discovery whale watching tour. We enjoyed it, but have been on bigger vessels for less money and learned more. My brother did the fly fishing and gave this excursion five stars!
Skagway, Alaska
The dog sledding tour is worth every penny. Short excursion but again, it is worth the fun! Booked through Princess but we were cancelled because of clouds, an independent operator just steps down from the princess booth had availability for later in the day since the clouds would clear. Do not give up, if the cruise line tells you no, keep looking and asking other vendors.
Victoria, British Columbia
My Mom found this "easy" category excursion to be too much walking. It is posted as easy, but it made her tired. The gardens are beautiful but kids seemed bored. Next time I think I'll do the trolley or horse drawn carriage.

If you love coffee, be sure to buy the coffee card for savings and ease of use!

1 Comment