Good But Not For That Price by RubyMSail date: / Traveled as: Family (young children)
Ship: Quantum of the Seas / Destination: Caribbean - Eastern
I cruised about 15 cruises and last 8 were RC because I LOVE activities. I was WOWED from Allure - it was fantastic, but was a little disappointed from Quantum. First of all there to many people for that size of the ship. On Allure we didn't even feel how many people were on board.
1. Ship architecture was more modern style - nothing special ..something like IKEA style
2. Technology was way better than any other RC ships
3. Internet package was decent and we enjoyed having our phones throughout the cruise
4. Two70 is beautiful and shows are fantastic, HOWEVER their cafe needed more variety in food selection and quality. Their stuff looked tired and didn't bother to help you. They were very unpleasant.
5. Dynamic dining was not enjoyable: we had trouble getting reservations though their app, but their stuff was quick to help us with it. Sometimes we couldn't do it because of time conflict with other activities. Food was good, but nothing special. We had a dinner at paid restaurant and food quality + service was much better.
SILK had old fried noodles, when I ordered a salad IT HAD EYELASH IN IT - was awful.
AMERICAN GRILL: My husband ordered same as I did earlier(smoked mozzarella raviolis) and waiter told him that it had shrimp in it ?! When I corrected him, he went to verify with a chef, came back and apologized for his unawareness.
WINDJAMMER: food was the same all the time, just like Norwegian ships...was so boring and tasteless. The selection was poor and not like on Allure
SORRENTO PIZZA: pizzas were good and tasty, and you could make your own. The stuff looked grumpy at first sight, but after you spoke with them - you'd see smile on their faces and they were more friendly :")...just to tired. Cafe next to pizza had the same food and pastry selection always ...again very boring!
6. STARBUCKS: is not like real starbucks, we ordered 2 coffees with 2 shots of espresso and ended up returning it because it felt like drinking hot chocolate - TERRIBLE! Coffee was not good anywhere on the ship, it had burned aftertaste...although I felt the same way on Allure and other RC ships...but on Allure we got real starbucks.
7. BUMPER CARS: were fun, although we had to wait in line..
8. CIRCUS: was awesome
9. ROLLER SKATING: looked fun, I didn't go only because I saw some lady fall badly on her face...not sure what she broke but she was bleeding a lot. My son went earlier and he enjoyed it.
10. SEAPLEX: Is amazing, it was very convenient that you could play any time without worrying what time of the day is it and weather. They have everything for kids/teens/adults: game consoles, ping pong tables,air hockey, and all other activities mentioned above. SeaPlex was my kids favorite place to hang out.
11. ROCK CLIMBING: Is as usual for RC ships
12. FLOW RIDER/BOOGIE BOARD: fantastic like always, we enjoyed it every time. The stuff were funny and cool...although for the first timers they didn't explain the techniques well. One Serbian guy( I think he is the stuff manager...most built and handsome:")) was really funny and cool, he was flirting with every good looking girl which was hilarious and entertaining. He was also part of the "Groove" disco dance show. Made the show funny and super enjoyable.
13. IFLY: it is worth to go on this ship just for that...SPEECHLESS, AMAZING, WONDERFUL. I LOVED it if you can't already see it. Again all instructors were fantastic especially mine(Nate). He made us feel comfortable, joked with kids, was very helpful and cool. I'd give him and Dave 10 out of 10. They were really amazing. OK, now the disappointing part - YOU CAN GO ONLY ONCE for free, next time RC changes $50 per person. It is OUTRAGEOUS especially the amount of money we paid for tickets. When we complained to customer service - they just nodded and did nothing about it. They gave us a very lame excuse that there are to many passengers that want to go so they have to accommodate everyone. Hm ...what about other activities then? So that was very disappointing.
14. CAST: Shows were amazing, cast fantastic, they all work very hard and it shows. All shows were fantastic
Overall we had a good experience, some spoilers like food quality, services, customer service, booking reservations, unfriendly servers, nickel and dimming on everything, limitations on activities, and few destinations - these are mostly what made me rate this ship as 3 stars.