Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

A very complete cruise !!!! Un crucero muy complete!!!!

Sail Date: June 24, 2016

This is my second time doing the same intinerary.  NCL made a couple changes, instead of Turkey, they added Kotor-Montenegro and Dubrovnik-Croatia....Amazing places. I love the Free Style theme, dress up if I want to. The food was ok. The shore excursions are over priced BUT some are worth it; e.g.: Naples: if you ONLY want to go to Pompeii, you pay $15 per person for a bus and at Pompaii  you can get a guide for $15 extra.  BUT if you want to go to Capri,Sorrento and Pompeii, it is better to pay a NCL shore excursion $325, includes lunch and its worry free that you are going to miss the cruise ship.  Like I said before the shore excursions are over priced but you pay for a unique service.

Spacious!
My room was always well taken care by the housekeeper. I saw how the jacuzzi was cleaned every day. So seeing that, I couldn't understand how a chair with a dirty plastic glass were on the stern starboard stairs for days until I said something. I had concerns with the elevators. The elevators were dirty especially the numbers.
Nothing caught my eye. My husband and I booked 11 appointments at the Spa. It would be nice to include gratuity in the pricing prices since gratuity is always charged.
Like in Vegas.
Service and Staff Like in everything some staff was nice and knowledgeable and others not so much.
It is not gourmet food but i can find a variety range (Indian, Chinese, Italian, American and etc)
Barcelona, Spain
Nice! I rented a car and went to Monserrat. The most beautiful and strange mountains. On top of the mountain is the Monserrat basilica.
Toulon, France
No my place
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
I was able to enjoy Pisa and Florence by renting a car. €90 plus gps. The drive was easy. People in Italy are really good drivers but they don't have patience so do NOT expect to respect your right of way. Be aware of your surroundings Also, their signs are different then American signs. It is important to google them. Be aware of your speed as there are electronic speed detectors everywhere. The gps was handy because it alerted me, but sometimes it was upsetting since they change the posted speed changed without warning. Italy and whole Europe use Km so they drive slower than US. But the highway is faster.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Any shore excursion is the way to go.
Naples, Italy
Only to Pompaii or Vesuvius get the bus that it is out of the port. But if I wanted to go somewhere else, I will get a short excursion.
Mykonos, Greece
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Take the hop on hop off bus, it is the way to go. There is a face care product called APIVITA. Only if I knew it was that good, I would get more. You can get it in pharmacy.
Kotor, Montenegro
I didn't climb the steps because it was so hot after my shore excursion. But, if you are not planning to take a shore excursion. Get up early and go for a walk on the steps.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
I took a taxi. The driver took us to the most beautiful site seeing, €50 per hour. If you want to go to the wine and olive oil vineyard you must take a NCL shore excursion.
Venice, Italy
A taxi from the ship to the airport €45

Corner rooms are spacious. 9th floor is good, not too much noise. Also, get unlimited wifi as soon as you get to the ship. It will save you time and money, another reason to relax.

1 Comment