Great Alaskan Cruise

Norwegian Joy Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Norwegian Joy

7 Night Awe Of Alaska With Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)

Sail Date: May 04, 2019

Ship: Norwegian Joy

Cabin Type: Suite

Review Summary

The Norwegian Joy was a great ship and I found all the staff I encountered to be very pleasant and efficient. The ship and staff helped make my Alaskan cruise a very memorable one. I loved all the ports of call and would love to visit them all again soon. The entertainment on the Joy was excellent and the activities offered were great. I enjoyed all the dinning options and drinks were amazing. My favorite drink onboard was the mojito at the sugarcane lounge.

Embarkation

The Haven embarkation process went smoothly and I was one of the first passengers onboard.

Ship Experiences

The Haven restaurant, buffet and specialty restaurant were excellent with the exception of Teppenyaki (sp?). They forgot to prepare my main course and when I finally got 30 minutes later it was poorly prepared. I enjoyed all my meals at the Haven restaurant. The new Q restaurant was outstanding. Cagney is always a great restaurant to dine as well. Great food and service overall again with the exception of Teppenyaki.

There were a lot of onboard activities.

The footloose show was amazing and a must see. Great performance by the cast. The element show was another great hit. The Latin music performers called Charm & Rythnm were fantastic. They played regularly at the sugarcane bar. Great talent!

The staff I encountered were all amazing. They help make my Alaskan cruise experience a memorable one.

The Joy is a beautiful and well-maintained ship. The ships designed made it very easy to navigate.

The Haven courtyard penthouse was an outstanding suite. The stateroom size, comfort and cleanness far exceeded our expectations.

Ports Of Call

Seattle, Washington

I love Seattle

Juneau, Alaska

We had a great time in Juneau and enjoy all the local shops and restaurants. I really enjoyed our Mendenhall Glacier excursion.

Skagway, Alaska

I had a great time on the White pass railroad excursion.

Cruise Glacier Bay

Glacier bay was the highlight of my cruise.

Ketchikan, Alaska

Beautiful little town. I had a great time at the lumberjack show.

Victoria, British Columbia

Disembarkation

The priority disembarkation went very smooth. I was off the ship and through customs in about 10 minutes or so. Great experience

1 Comment