Panama Canal Cruise

Contributor Level: Second Mate

Sail Date: February 14, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Jewel
Cabin Type: Suite

I am not a big NCL fan, but on this cruise I have very little to complain about. The ship, room, and food were very good. The entertainment was great. I did not like the three stops at Guatemala, Nicaragua and Costa Rica. They were all industrial ports with no shopping and the tours were lacking. Passing through the canal was great as we had a local narrator to tell us all the highlights. The drinks were way overpriced. I am not a big drinker, but paying over twelve dollars for a plain Margarita is a little steep.  I do recommend this cruise for everyone.

My mini-suite was as advertised. Plenty of room for two people.

Stay away from The Tsar's Palace restaurant for breakfast. The service was terrible.