Norwegian Breakaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A Wonderful Experience

Sail Date: January 03, 2016

The crew on the Norwegian Breakaway was, without question, exceptionally friendly and helpful. I was amazed that despite all of the people on board they knew everybody's name and what they liked as their favorite drinks.  As for the dining, the head steward, Marius, took exceptional care of me.  He made sure that I had vegan meals which he ordered in advance every night so that I had no problem with dinner. The entertainment was exceptional--rivals anything I have ever seen including on Broadway.  What talent!  Also, the performers were extremely friendly and when they weren't on stage they circulated among the passengers and got to know us.  I absolutely loved this ship and was thrilled that it left from New York.

Whenever we returned it was neat and clean. We loved the towel animals. When we had a question John, from maintenance, promptly arrived and took care of us.
Easy to get on and the disembarkation idea of using colors so that we could leave when we wanted was great.
very clean, easy to get around, a pleasure.
Each of the islands was great--people friendly and helpful and some beautiful beaches.
Scott and his crew were delightful. We also loved the on deck dancing at night as well as the programs in the atrium.
Howl at the Moon, Ross Rivas(one of the best comedians I have ever seen anywhere) Rock of Ages, Burn the Floor
Marius, Juan, Anita, Jacylin (I think that's the spelling) she is from India. The towel artist in the staterooms.
Great for a vegan.
New York, New York
Embark--we live in New York. Also, we left a bag on the ship the day we disembarked and they called us and made it very easy to come and retrieve it. Jackie and Robert were very helpful.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
It is a wonderful island. We visited friends and went to Senor Frogs.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Been there before. Met great people, lovely island.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Found a Latin Restaurant where the beer was inexpensive. Good shopping.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
There was free jewelry given to cruise passengers by one of the jewelry stores,Effy.
Roseau, Dominica
The La Flamboyant hotel has a restaurant where the drinks are inexpensive, people, especially the young girl who works there and speaks 3 languages, are friendly, and they take credit cards.
Bridgetown, Barbados
Absolutely beautiful beach.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Nice mall, French speaking although they can speak English, they use euros but will take credit cards. Nice little beach near the port.
St. John's, Antigua
Walked to the beach, took taxi back, it was beautiful.

You can order a continental breakfast to be delivered to your room at no cost which my husband did. Also, the dining room will deliver food to your room so it will be waiting for you when you return after seeing a show and/or dancing the night away.