Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

An OK Cruise

Sail Date: January 10, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was my second cruise with Royal Caribbean and I would rate it just OK.  The sailing itinerary could have been better and the ship is in need of a refurbishment.  Dinner in the main dining room was just OK.  The food was at times was mediocre and lukewarm.  The staff was accomodating but stretched between too many tables.   The sushi served was totally  inedible but the preparer seemed very knowledge but was preparing what she was told to prepare.  With just a varied staff, I feel that the food could have been much better.  The embarkation/disembarkation process is much better than when I sailed in December of 2011.  After a miserable first cruise with Royal Caribbean, I had made a oath to never sail with RC again but this cruise was a massive improvement and I might consider sailing again with RC.  My favorite cruise line is still Celebrity.

It was ok but almost bordering at times at bad.
Children's Programs NA
Our cabin steward Edna Santana was fantastic!
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
St. John's, Antigua
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Not a very friendly island.
Castries, St. Lucia
St. George's, Grenada
Went biking on island. Very hilly so you better be in shape!

Most of the staff onboard was very helpful and friendly. Would like to see paddle boarding added to activities. In the gym, some of the equipment is dated and needs to be replaced (e.g. ellipticals especially).
The decks needed to be repainted and the partitions between room replaced.