Good but not Great....Not the Celebrity of years ago

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: October 24, 2015
Ship: Celebrity Summit

As a big fan of Celebrity, I was excited to see an itinerary with Martinique on it.  I'll start with the good:  celebrity service overall and room accomodations.  Food is now ranked ok - Celebrity used to be excellent but I think as they try to push more and more people to the specialty dining areas, the main dining room food quality has drastically decreased.  On the poor side is the connectivity of the iLounge.  26 straight minutes were used trying to get a page to load once we were 'connected'.  All computers were being used and no one had could load pages and were just told to 'keep trying'.  The 'martini' bar is also an issue....the exact same martini is not covered by a classic beverage package if ordered here but is at any other bar.  But there is no sign stating this.  After the drink was made I was then notified that I would be charged then received much attitude when I said I would go to another bar to get it.  This exact cruise demographic was in the mid 50s, I'm guessing and we are early 40s so there was not a lot of onboard entertainment that we were interested in.  I would still prefer celebrity to other cruise lines  but it's definitely taken a hit in the past few cruises I've had with them.  I hope they turn it around soon.

Main restaurant dining not as good as it used to be.

Disappointed here. A little dirtier than expected. Some place would not accept US $.
Snorkling at Champagne Reef is good. Not a lot to do in Dominica if you dont have an excursion.