Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Celebrity Millenium in Alaska = Great

Sail Date: April 30, 2010

This cruise was the "transition" cruise from the Caribbean to Alaska. We got on in San Diego and headed up! I am not used to being pampered so it took me a couple of days to get used to my little ninja stateroom attendant constantly cleaning my room. His name was Harry and he was on deck 6. He and Manuel were the absolute best, there were a couple of days we slept in and were not disturbed and other days we were out by 6 am. No matter what time we left our little ninja's would have the room clean within 30 minutes. It was great. We also hung out with two pool bartenders named Edwin and Michael. The wife and I were smart enough to purchase the drink package and Edwin / Michael helped us use it up! The wife and I both visited the spa a couple of times just to have some fun. I didn't like the way I would go in for a massage and they tried to sell me an additional $100 in products. I consider myself a smart man but they also had some type of system and would give 20% off or 30% off yet it was still more than what I thought I was supposed to pay. I didn't like the feeling of being in a used car salesman's office while I was trying to get a massage. My wife however loved a couple of the girls in the spa so I'm not badmouthing them at all; they're just doing their job.
The activities around the ship were more catered to an older crowd but I knew that going into it as it was not yet summer, was 14 days and 90% of the passengers are the retired older crowd. I'm a guy who is mid 30's yet still stuck in the 80's and many of the nightly shows I absolutely loved. We had some great comedians as well as musical shows. After we would head to the nightclub where we would dance the night away to a great band.
A couple of days we went shopping, saw one of the free movies (new releases by the way) or just lounged in the indoor salt water pool.
All in all I would highly recommend going on this adult cruise, but it's not a party boat. If you want the party I hear the Carnival has a bunch of neon and fluff.

Pros: Small city ports and scenery

Cons: Spa personnel always trying to get me to purchase

Recommends Celebrity Millennium? Yes!

Fantastic and clean ship. Always someone cleaning everything. They even had a person in all parts of the ship with sanitizer to assist you.
Talking about the food I was not impressed by the buffet however it was very edible. I believe I am spoiled living in Vegas where the buffets are like fine cuisine. The dinners on the Millennium were fantastic. I would highly recommend the escargot and the onion soup every night (which I did and have an extra 15 lbs because of it).
The sushi bar in mid afternoon was also very good
Juneau, Alaska
Just browsing the shops in the district
Don't Miss: The original Red Dog Saloon
Victoria, British Columbia
Just another City to me so I wasn't that impressed.
Skagway, Alaska
We went on a gray whale watching excursion and loved it.
Icy Strait Point (Hoonah), Alaska
The Capt getting the ship very close and turning as if on a spindle was fantastic. He braved a few small chunks of ice that also made it an exciting portion of the trip.
Sitka, Alaska
Hike and Float was just awesome. There is a local bar there as well that has the best tater tot nachos with chili. A little pricey but still very good. Local Alaskan Ale is highly recommended.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Seattle, Washington
I have already forgotten the name but don't miss the market - it's like a mini swap meet