Which cruise line do you prefer?

hi

im new to cruising. I’m planning on a cruise to carribean in June. It will be for my honeymoon. We are in our late 49’s and mid 50’s. I’m looking at carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean. My first choice was Norwegian to Bermuda but carnival seems to be much more affordable and out of a port that’s closer to home. Although the dates I have available they are only going to Freeport and several other ports.

Neither one of us drink much and like quiet time and love the water and outdoors.

so I’m wondering if there is a difference in cruise lines with respect to atmosphere. Looking for one that offers areas that we can go to just relax or a bit toned down.

And be I like the idea of being in one port for several days.

any advice would be great.

5-7 day cruise works best for us

thanks

Tags: Caribbean best cruise line

40 Answers

Celebrity is simply the best. Not a lot of screaming kids and their drunken parents. It is a sedate classy experience. Been on 15 cruises.....nothing compares to Celebrity! Will be loyal to the end. Princess is a close second....but the professional staff, the attention to detail, and the overall ambience of Celebrity is unbeatable.

Do you think about living in any of the cities? I also look at the Caribbean islands and for cheap accommodation. In New Yorke, I use the service Outpost and I would like to find something similar in other places (I’m talking about communal living)

Check out my last days on Carnival Splendor Mexican Riviera. I created a video of our experience

https://youtu.be/-X9DR1Xj8HY

thanks

Jbenham -

We are sailing yo bermuda :)

Great news that you made a decision. Be warned though that it can be addicting and don't be surprised when you are looking for your next cruise the day you get home. Enjoy the cruise. I am not an expert cruiser like a lot of the people on the site are but one hint that I can give you is to go to NCL web page and familiarize yourself with the ship. It should give you some idea on the spots you might enjoy the most on the ship before you get on board.

Excellent summary cruiselama

Yes - each line has a unique character. Often influenced by the demographic that patronizes the line. I've sailed Disney, Costa, Holland, Carnival, Norwegian, Celebrity and Royal. In that order. Disney was very family/kid focused, but still allowed for adult areas without kids. Very nice, but thought too pricey. Costa - European - rude, poor service etc. Holland - more mature, seasoned cruisers. Lower energy, fine dining, but the sidewalks roll up after 11pm. Carnival - well, it lives up to the name. Lots of younger people who are very good at staying up all hours. Great if you're in college and on spring break. Holland and Costa are owned by Carnival. Norwegian - mixed demographic, mature/seasoned and young families. Lots of activities. Celebrity - owned by RCL, but no toys on-board. Demographic is similar to HAL, but a sprinkling of millenials who just want to relax. Nice dining and service. RCL - does it all - young, medium, and mature passengers. All sorts of toys and activities on-board. Passengers seem a little more reigned in as opposed to Carnival. But they're clearing catering to the same market. RCL just a little more, but the ships have more to do. We've settled in on the RCL family and focus on collecting points on Celebrity.

Have a great Cruise and welcome to cruising. I will give you a warning, cruising can be addictive Big Smile.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask. Most on the forum are very nice and happy to answer a question even if it was asked before. New people are always joining so if you have a question others will also benefit from the information.

Yes, it is one of the newer ones! Hope you have a great time, be sure to let us know how it is when the time comes!

Have a great time! Where are you sailing to?

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.