Which cruise line do you prefer?

hi

im new to cruising. I’m planning on a cruise to carribean in June. It will be for my honeymoon. We are in our late 49’s and mid 50’s. I’m looking at carnival, Norwegian, and Royal Caribbean. My first choice was Norwegian to Bermuda but carnival seems to be much more affordable and out of a port that’s closer to home. Although the dates I have available they are only going to Freeport and several other ports.

Neither one of us drink much and like quiet time and love the water and outdoors.

so I’m wondering if there is a difference in cruise lines with respect to atmosphere. Looking for one that offers areas that we can go to just relax or a bit toned down.

And be I like the idea of being in one port for several days.

any advice would be great.

5-7 day cruise works best for us

thanks

Tags: Caribbean best cruise line

40 Answers

We are a Carnival cruising family. We like the entertainment and the bang for our buck.

Hi, sorry if I'm annoying but I'm a student at the American University of Paris making a study on people's perception towards cruises for my Oceanography class.

I am asking knowledgable cruise travelers if they could please fill this quick 5min survey:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf7oSURMPHrriu-RrbOBydfPIDGCFDGatdoimwQtcto4bmF-g/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thanks in advance

Ps: this is a safe google forms link :)

I highly recommend Holland America! I’ve cruised them since I was in my 40s and have never been disappointed! The food and service are a step above Carnival, Royal, and NCL, and very comparable to Princess and Celebrity. If you really want Some great itineraries and some quality quiet time with excellent amenities, then Holland America, Princess, or Celebrity would be great options. The other lower budget lines tend to cater to the party crowd and emphasize the party atmosphere. So it is definitely a personal choice as to what you’re looking for in a cruise. All the cruise lines offer periodic specials so you should sign up for all their specials and you should find one that meets your budget and desires.

So far we love Norwegian! They have the best food and entertainment combo we've experienced.

Does Carnival still start their shows at 10:00? When we were on the Glory, we never saw any of the entertainment, due to how late they started.

Since I have only sailed on Carnival I'm not much help except to say Carnival has been wonderful everytime so I am just going to say have a great time and Congrats on your upcoming wedding!!!

We sail with RC. It it was we started on and plan to stick with. Have heard by more then a couple people that Carnival tends to be roudier.

I have no complaints about RCCL.

On a 14 day Alaskan cruise on Zeendam last May, the service in the MDR was so bad we only ate there 3 times. One night it took 3 hrs for dinner! everything else was good, though.

Holland America Line , best food ,good service

halawardsPC bestyet.jpg?auto=format,compress

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.