Oasis class ship to Galveston 2020?

Saw in a Galveston travel article that RCL signed an agreement with port authority to upgrade terminals to support an oasis class ship. Anyone else seen other sources on this? I know Liberty goes to dry dock in the spring of 2020 so an Oasis class would be a great ship to carry the load.

Tags: Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas RCL Oasis Class to Galveston

52 Answers

Well, this week RCL and Galveston Port authority will be discussing a delay in the new terminal (yr slip) and whether Terminal 2 can be modified to accept Allure.

Follow-up is Liberty of the Seas will move to Miami for short cruises once the Allure repositions to Galveston

The RCL site has published Allure cruises out of Galveston, looks like starting around Nov 2021.

Great news! Allure is a fantastic ship. [quote=cruisellama

Nice.

I checked out with CoCoMango travel agency, they offer a cruise to Galveston!

Well this is the second time Ive tried to post, so if it comes up 2x I apologize.

I appreciate you keeping us informed of all this. GOOGLING the ship gets you all kinds of links to not only the ship, but terminal construction as well. If theres such a thing as a ship being TOO big, those OASIS Class monsters are it. I don't care how many times you've cruised, and learned to make reservations and do crowd avoidance...with 7,000 people on board, its got to be noisy, crowded, and lines everywhere. I like the larger ones myself, but 4-5K is it for me, maximum.

Thanks again for the update.

On channel 13 ktrk houston they had a news flash the allure of the seas coming to galveston after dry dock and showed a drawing of the new terminal being built on terminal 10

Like that "rumor"!

*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.