Zuiderdam Cruise Review to Caribbean

Third Mate

Great Itinerary, bad food service, my 100th cruise

Sail Date: October 27, 2014

Room Type: Suite

The itinerary was great, however, due to the age demographics (average age of cruiser approximately 75+ years old), dining options and activities extremely limited.

Food extremely bland in dining room and lido deck.  On sea days dining room open for lunch only 1 hour.  Lido deck food extremely bland and limited and not a true buffet.  With the exception of the salads, crew members served everything to you on and very hot plate through a pass-through.  I am only in my 50's and would want a little more that a small disk of fish, so when asking to have more placed on my plate they acted like I had asked for a whole tuna to be cooked up and given to me.  If you wanted anything to eat after 8:30 pm, you had to order through room service which had a very limited menu and rarely get your order correct.

The bulk (90%) of the activities ended at 8:30 or 9:00 pm.

Again the itinerary is once in a lifetime good, transiting the Panama Canal, but if you are younger and/or are looking for a little more fun, this is not the cruise for you.

Did not use.