Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Fun but nothing spectacular

Sail Date: August 13, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Port times were short, and the day in Glacier Bay was long.  Food attendents on Lido don't really listen (or maybe they don't understand) what you are wanting on your plate and you feel like you have to repeat a hundred times or give up.

Dining in Vista was enjoyable and I appreciated being served.  The kids club had so many older roudy kids in it that I didn't feel comfortable leaving my 5 year old there, so he tagged along wherever he went and made lots of friends with the staff.

It was ok. Again, nothing spectacular. My 5 year old slept on the single pull out couch. I never slept on it, and it worked fine for him, but I think for an adult it would have been uncomfortable.
Was ok. Boat is getting older and we encountered some mechanical issues which delayed our final port city even more. We also had a knocking in the deck right below us (deck A) that woke us up every night (night 1-5). I'm thinking that was part of the mechanical issue on night 6.
Really thought we would have more time in Port Cities to get out and enjoy the towns, but most stops were only a couple of hours...and at odd times of the day.
Seattle, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Cruise Glacier Bay
Sitka, Alaska
The entire town is walkable. We walked to the Raptor Rehabilitation Center and back with a 5 year old. Science museum was fun and the walk through the rainforest was amazing. My favorite town...and one of the longer stops we made.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia

Have room service deliver a pot of coffee to your room each morning. It helps in having to deal with the masses in the breakfast line. ;-)