7 night Alaska Explorer with Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip

Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaskan Explorer With Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 23, 2014
Ship: Westerdam

All around this was an excellent trip. From the terminal staff in Seattle for Holland America to deportation from the ship it went very smoothly and quick. I think the food and staff were the best of any cruise I have taken. I have taken many cruises in U.S. and abroad.  My grandson, 15, really enjoyed hanging out with the 13-17 yr old group. I would encourage any young people that age to join the group which the Westerdam organized.

Open seating worked great, room service exceptional and great choices of food

I did not participate in a lot of these so should probably say N/A

A couple nights excellent, others O.K

The 13-17 age group very good

our room steward was most helpful, but can't remember his name

Great and really clean all the tiime

We had an inside cabin and had plenty of space and were not in the room that much so we did not miss a window or balcony

For Open seating, we just booked a reservation from day to day and never had to wait to eat in the dining room.

We were on our own and would always recomment Pikes market, the new Ferris Wheel.
Buy a shuttle ticket and you can stay as long as you want at the glacier and fallls. We did not buy from the ship. We could also wait for the clouds to disappear and buy our tram ticket then rather han have a set time.
We were able to catch a fishing boat on our own and also great whale watching on the way back.
Walk into Victoria from the ship along the harbor- bautiful and water taxi back.