Westerdam Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: August 23, 2014

I sailed on the same ship four years ago around the Black Sea and found the ship to have aged considerably since that time. Our balcony room was smaller that the photo appeared and the sofa-bed way past its prime, in need of replacement. The plastic on the balcony furniture was unraveling. I paid a considerable amount extra for that room and was disappointed at how cramped it was and how shabby the furniture appeared. The room stewards were excellent.

The food was good, although some appetizers were miniscule. The service was not professional. The dining staff on this curse seemed overwhelmed and service was slow; very slow. When we sat with others at a table, there were complaints about the service. Also disappointed that Men were allowed into dining room in short sleeve sport shirts. I spoke to Maître D about this and he seemed unfazed.

I also did not like the atmosphere of the "fire sale" atmosphere of items being sold on deck while at sea; very tacky.

Shows and dinner times did not coincide well.

The spa was my saving grace; Loved Loved it. Very relaxing

I would not travel on Holland America again

need refurbishing, dirty
for the most part good althou many items repeated every night
bad service in dining room. Room steward, excellent
Entertainment music seemed "canned"
too much noise in the library area. Few quiet spots. Crows nest difficult to find. Not enough suppot or cruise partners at dance lessons.
too expensive to go to musher camp on dry land in Jeneau
Crowed, in need of deep cleaning, balcony furniture too old, sofa old and stained.
Juneau, Alaska musher camp - too expensive
Cruise Glacier Bay
great watching from spa, expected more
Sitka, Alaska
best stop, great museum, salmon
Ketchikan, Alaska
watch salmon climb ladder behind town
Victoria, British Columbia