" A Cultural Treat!"

Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

12 Night Grand Mediterranean (Venice To Barcelona)
Sail Date: May 28, 2011
Ship: Ruby Princess
On all Princess ships the interior design is rather dark and nostalgic. I prefer a lighter design. However, what I truly appreciate is the out-doors lay-out of the shops. You can always find privacy, the pool in the aft is great. On the bigger ships I enjoy the terrace outside Sabatini's.

Convenience of dining times extremly appreciated

On our last cruise over Christmas we have experienced the best service ever on Princess Cruises, this time, I rather experience a so-so service on board. No motivation as well coming from the service supervisors. Nobody did go the extra-mile.

Excursion not necessary. Wast of money - especially with a useless tourguide. Best recommended to do it on your own.
A ride on a gondola is a must!
Bosporus Ride is unforgettable! Excellent Tourguide. The Grand Bazar did not really impress me.
Don't Miss: Bosporus Ride.
Pompeji is an unforgettable experience into past times! I truly enjoyed it. Capri is lovely, long waitinglines.
Don't Miss: Pompeji
Walking Tour in downtown Mykonos is loveley. Rather bad Tourguide.
Overall Walking Tour is recommendable.
The Pantheon is a must! Excellent Tourguide.
Don't Miss: The Pantheon!
Ephesus! Very exciting! Excellent Tourguide
Don't Miss: Ephesus
Overall Walking Tour gave me a great impression of this ancient city!
Don't Miss: Fountain of Trevi

Pros: The Ports of Call

Cons: Service on Board

Recommends Ruby Princess? Yes!