Ruby Princess Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

" A Cultural Treat!"

Sail Date: May 28, 2011

On all Princess ships the interior design is rather dark and nostalgic. I prefer a lighter design. However, what I truly appreciate is the out-doors lay-out of the shops. You can always find privacy, the pool in the aft is great. On the bigger ships I enjoy the terrace outside Sabatini's.

Pros: The Ports of Call

Cons: Service on Board

Recommends Ruby Princess? Yes!

Convenience of dining times extremly appreciated
On our last cruise over Christmas we have experienced the best service ever on Princess Cruises, this time, I rather experience a so-so service on board. No motivation as well coming from the service supervisors. Nobody did go the extra-mile.
Monte Carlo, Monaco
Excursion not necessary. Wast of money - especially with a useless tourguide. Best recommended to do it on your own.
Venice, Italy
A ride on a gondola is a must!
Naples, Italy
Pompeji is an unforgettable experience into past times! I truly enjoyed it. Capri is lovely, long waitinglines.
Don't Miss: Pompeji
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Overall Walking Tour gave me a great impression of this ancient city!
Don't Miss: Fountain of Trevi
Istanbul, Turkey
Bosporus Ride is unforgettable! Excellent Tourguide. The Grand Bazar did not really impress me.
Don't Miss: Bosporus Ride.
Mykonos, Greece
Walking Tour in downtown Mykonos is loveley. Rather bad Tourguide.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Ephesus! Very exciting! Excellent Tourguide
Don't Miss: Ephesus
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
The Pantheon is a must! Excellent Tourguide.
Don't Miss: The Pantheon!
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Overall Walking Tour is recommendable.