Norway is a beautiful country. Most of the ports we visited were small and we were the only ship in port so there weren't the usual crowds in town. One shore excursion was cancelled because not enough people signed up and one was changed due to snow on the mountain. It was a very relaxing, no rush trip. The entertainment on HAL was not up to their usual standards but the scenery made up for it. We had booked 2 shore excursions from , supposedly at a discount, for the hop on/hop off busses. When we got to the bus we found that we could have saved $10 each if we booked directly with them on shore.
+ accommodation, i.e., bed, linens, shower but not the sound from the stage
+ wait and housekeeping staff
+ ship's condition for its age (1997)
- onboard WiFi kills free, nearby, off-board WiFi
- business processes; several errors/discrepancies in printed/webpage info
- lack of empathy from Ashore Department and Customer Service Desk
- inadequate preplanning for crowd control around elevators and level 1 exit to the gangplank
- uneven footing in the highest traffic area on the ship (can you spell Lido?)
- unbeknown surprise of booking a 21 day but receiving a 14 + 7 "Collective Cruise".....did not see that in my contract anywhere
- if the spa worked I could not figure it out and no one came to check
- there is more but it probably gets a little bit petty after the above
good price and went where we wanted to go. all Holland America shore excursions were over priced and to much bus riding sight seeing. should have more stops to take pictures, than trying to get a picture from a moving bus. not enough variety in night shows, not enough actives on sea days, food buffet was same items day after day for all three meals for short cruises would be ok but not when on 44 days
We loved each port and the excursions. The food on the ship met our expectations and the staff was friendly and helpful. Over all, we would do this cruise again.
We were very pleased with the service. We loved the location of our cabin (3319) but would not recommend it to anyone. Wooden bench located outside cabin window stored hose that was used to wash the decks every morning at 5am. Very noisy.
Itinerary was great. I would highly recommend this cruise as it covers many of the islands in the 21 days. Had beautiful weather and really enjoyed our dining room table location and 4 other companions.
Showroom Entertainment on board was exceptional. We went almost every evening. Loved piano man Stryker and Adagio also.
Liked being on a smaller ship again (1300 passengers).
Ship was in great condition. TV system really needs upgrade. We were told this would be done while in dry dock this fall.
*Cruiseline.com is not a booking agent or travel agency, and does not charge any service fees to users of our site. Our partners (travel agencies and cruise lines) provide prices, which we list for our users' convenience. Cruiseline.com does not guarantee any specific rates or prices. While prices are updated daily, please check with the booking site for the exact amount. Cruiseline.com is not responsible for content on external web sites.