Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Second Mate

Royal Alaska

Sail Date: August 01, 2014

The Alaska cruise aboard the Rhapsody of the Seas was a wonderful Alaska experience.  The Glacier we saw was Dawes Glacier on Endicott Arm due to water levels.  The Captain managed to turn the ship 360 degrees in a channel that was very tight (so tight that my husband didn't believe me when I told him the Captain said that he would rotate the ship) so that we could get lovely views of the glacier from all over the ship. The Captain was very friendly and present, and alerted us to whales whenever there was a good sighting. We were very lucky with the weather, very little rain, only the morning in Skagway, and lovely summer temps and sun.  Victoria is a wonderful city, very colorful and welcoming with flowers everywhere.  We only walked around the city, and were very pleased with the visit.  It was a lovely cruise.

She has recently been refurbished and looked great.
We love to eat in the dining room, the menus keep improving.
Seattle, Washington
The boarding process was quick and efficient, the terminal was clean.
Cruise Inside Passage, Alaska
Beautiful scenery
Juneau, Alaska
There really isn't a lot to do in Juneau itself, except to watch the seaplanes land.
Skagway, Alaska
We loved the play in the little playhouse. It was fun and informative.
Cruise Tracy Arm Fjord, Alaska
Glaciers, what can I say.
Victoria, British Columbia
Lovely, walkable city, full of flowers

Be sure to try the Japanese restaurant on board. They had the best miso soup I have ever had.