Great Customer Service

Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: July 04, 2014
Ship: Rhapsody of the Seas

I am a diamond member on Royal Caribbean and I have been traveling with them since a very young age. This particular ship was not the type of ship to have "large amenities" such as the new ships that are coming out…and to me that is okay! With the larger ships that are coming out, more and more people fell obligated (in a sense) to experience all the activities that are available onboard the ship. I respect that notion, because I myself would do the same thing. However, it is nice to go on a ship where there is less to do. What this means for me is that there is more time to relax.

The best aspect of our trip was by far the diamond lounge. The incredible staff, the fully stocked bar, and the complimentary food offered were all great aspects of our trip. The only thing that was different from other cruises was the hours that is was open. Because of our dinnertime, it made it difficult somewhat to attend the events held in the diamond lounge.

The one negative aspect of our trip was the new regulations that are held by Royal Caribbean regarding our pre-booking for our next cruise. I will warn you: normally if you put the $200.00 down for a future cruise you would get $100.00 onboard credit toward your next cruise if it was a 7 day cruise. Well, that has changed. You now only get $25.00. Also, the “free items” you once could get have also changed. Obviously, they do not give you the coupon booklet any longer; they just put the items on your sea pass card. Nonetheless, the advantages have changed drastically.

I enjoy the company and all it has to offer, but for continuing customers, be aware of the changes. I was not and was highly disappointed with what I found out. Our cruise was great, but the information I received was not so great. Hope this helps!

Always great!

Not a whole lot to do.

I'm a professional musician and have been on ships that had wonderful entertainment, but this one did NOT!

Did not use this.

Diamond member staff was fantastic!

It's an older ship, but the centrum look brand new!

My actual cabin was 8517. It was a large interior room. If you need darkness, you need an interior cabin. It stays light much longer in Alaska than in the lower 48.

Lunch in the dinning room is much better than in the windjammer. My recommendation is the Tuti Salad.

We spent 3 days in Seattle and really enjoyed the shopping and the fish market.
This place is beautiful This was my 3rd trip to Alaska and I greatly enjoyed it!

Juneau, Alaska Did not visit port

This is where we went whale watching. This was my 3rd time doing this activity and it was GREAT!
This is my favorite place in Alaska. At the end of the main strip of the town there is a small brewery that makes all their food locally as well as brewing their own beers! The summertime ale was awesome!
Beautiful place!
A lot of fun things to do in this town. The parliament building is a free activity and fun for those "history buffs."