Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Third Mate

The Ship was old and the staff was not friendly.

Sail Date: July 04, 2014

There were 7 of us on this cruise from July 4-11, 2014. From the start we had a bad experience. This was my 6th cruise 2nd with Royal Caribbean. From my past experience I had high expectations for this cruise and boy was I let down. The ship was old, and none of the crew had answers for you. They acted like they didn't understand what we were saying to them. The casino pit boss never smiled and never greeted any of the people at the tables playing. The dining room dinners were very good. However the Windjammer food was always the same stuff. It almost seemed like we were eating the leftovers from the dining room the day before. One of the things that disappointed me the most was that they were always trying to sell us stuff. I went on the cruise for vacation to relax and here they are trying to sell me things that I didn't want or need. The tables on Deck 9 outside and in the Windjammer cafe were always dirty.... I would not reccomend this cruise ship to anyone.

Cruise Photos

Old, and dirty
The food in the main dining was good. However the food in the Windjammer cafe was always the same and seemed like it was leftovers from the day before.
Our stateroom attendent was great. However most of the other staff were rude and never had answers for us.
For the amount of time that we were at sea it seemed like there was never anything to do. Most of the items listed were things that they wanted to sell us.
Children's Programs Did not travel with small kids
There were not very many on board activities for us to attend. There was bingo but of course we had to pay.
The destinations were good. Very pretty sites to see.
Small for 3 people but the stateroom attendant was great.

Don't take the elevator. They are slow or don't ever move.