Queen Victoria Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Purser

The worst cruise

Sail Date: October 07, 2010

Queen Victoria cannot compare to Celebrity, Regent Seven Seas or Crystal(the cruise line that I have sailed on. It is unfair to compare to the latter two since they are rated much higher and more expensive, but to compare with Celebrity, I would give a thumb down on this one. The service was not good. I have to call the steward almost every evening for bath gel and lotion which should be replenished automatically. The internet was not working half of the trip and when it does it was very slow and it really rang up my internet bill because I was charged by the time even when it was hung. The food is below standard. The chef could not even give me a good 5-minute boiled egg up till the last day of the trip. Many times I have to ask them to boil again with me clocking them. Some port of call there was no shutter bus and once we had to pay 5 euro to shutter to the city. I have the balcony cabin and the shower is the smallest I have seen. The entertainment is also very limited. In conclusion I would not travel on Queen Victoria again and I would not recommend to anyone.

Pros: The deep massage I had at the spa

Cons: The service is way below standard

Recommends Queen Victoria? No.

If time permit we would eat ashore because the food on the ship is below standard. And yes I forgot to mention that the coffee is the worst. So bad that I have to buy instant coffee from Venice and ask for hot water from the waiter.
The only good comment I can make is the waiter and waitress at our table in the main dining are very nice. Other than these people I am very disappointed.
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
I hired a taxi to drive us around and he took us to places where we can take good pictures. The Olympia was a waste of time even though the taxi driver did take us there.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
It was Sunday and all the shops were closed and it was a waste of time to stop in town. But I was able to have a very good lunch next to the cathedral.
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Mykonos, Greece
We walked to the town center and the town is very pretty. Must visit.
Istanbul, Turkey
I did not like the idea that our tour guide tried to rush us so that he could take us to experience the carpet maker hoping that we would buy the carpet and he would receive the commission.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We took the excursion for Bracciano and we enjoyed the scenery. The pizza served on the boat was so hard that it could crack my dog's head.
Marseille (Provence), France
We were docked at Toulon since there was a strike at Marseille. We had very good French food on shore and there were nice shops. Too bad the shops only opened at 2p.m. on Monday and there were very time to shop since we had to board at 4p.m.
Venice, Italy
We were not docked next to the Grand Canal and since we have to stay overnight on the ship we were not able to walk to the shopping area in the evening. The ship was docked quite far away and very difficult to go to town
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
The jewelry shop and the leather shop owners are very good in convincing us to buy there product. I ended up spending more than $10,000 and did not have time to see anything.
Messina, Sicily
I hired a taxi to take us to Toarmina which is my favorite destination. This place is a must see. Too bad we did not have much time for this port of call.