Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

First Cruise Experience

Sail Date: April 12, 2015

I had an amazing time on my first cruise on Quantum of the Seas, a Royal Caribbean Cruise.  I can't compare it to another cruise, but I can give you my impressions as a first time cruiser.

The ship was beautiful with many great restaurants.  We had amazing food in all of them.  Silk, American Icon Grille and the Grande were my favorites.  I was a bit disappointed in Chops.  I had better steak and beef in the other restaurants which surprised me.  The dynamic dining was not a favorite with regular cruisers, but for me it was like going to a new restaurant every night.

The evening live entertainment was really marvelous, with Mama Mia, the live musical on stage as my favorite.  The cast of this show was super talented and very friendly and engaging when recognized roaming the ship.  Also the bank, Savannah Jack, was extremely talented and fun to see.  The band members were also very friendly when encountered at various venues on the ship.

I was a disappointed in the movie choices on the cruise and also the location of the movies - on a big screen on deck.  I would have liked more current movie choices, shown in the theater at more reasonable times than the late night showings we had.  An afternoon movie would have been nice once in a while.

The staff was very friendly and helpful.  Our stateroom attendant was especially nice and kept our bathroom and stateroom clean and neat at all times.

Our stateroom was very nice.  The bathroom was especially nice, with a great shower.  We did have a bit of a leak from the shower, but with extra towels brought by our stateroom attendant, it was no problem.  The bed was comfortable and we had plenty of closet space and drawer space for our clothing.

As I said, I enjoyed myself completely and will definitely book another cruise sometime in the future, probably with Royal Caribbean.

Contrary to many regular "cruisers" I enjoyed the dynamic dining experience.
Our stateroom attendant was terrific.
The show Mama Mia was fabulous.
Enjoyed the trivia challenges. Would have liked better movie choices.
Excursions were expensive so we didn't do any. We just visited each port for a short time.
There was plenty of room for clothing in the closets and drawers. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was really nice. The shower was terrific though we did have a leak that we managed with extra towels.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Nice facility for checking in and checking out. We had no trouble boarding and no holdups with Customs on our return.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Go early in the day and get a spot on the beach under a tree. The sun gets pretty hot here, and unless you want to bake, you need some shade.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
We visited my husband's old home in Levittown where he was stationed in the Navy over 40 years ago!
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
A shopper's paradise - but since I'm not a big shopper, we didn't stay long in town.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
We took a wonderful guided tour of the Fort there.
Bridgetown, Barbados
We landed on a Sunday, and though we'd heard that stores would be open, the city was pretty dead. Only the area near the cruise ship was busy.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
This was my favorite island. The port was neat and clean, colorful houses and stores and very friendly people.

We made all of our reservations before we left on the cruise which left us more time to enjoy the ships activities rather than waiting on line to go to dinner or shows. The major problem we had was with the website for making these reservations - we had to call Royal Caribbean several times.

1 Comment