Quantum of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

A mixed bag.

Sail Date: April 12, 2015

Room Type: Suite

This was a cruise of contrasts. The ship is beautiful and technologically unmatched in my experience. The dinning was a disappointing experience for the most part. Some of the crew had difficulty with english beyond a basic understanding. While I enjoyed the Ifly, the Northstar and the bumper cars, I probably would not chose this style of cruising for future cruises based on the dinning experience. I do not regret my one time experience. If they change the dinning to a  more tradional style I would be interested in trying it again.

Cruise Photos

There were exceptions, Like Chops and certain meals like Two 70.
Again mixed.
Mama Mia was done well.
Some of the destinations are not ready to be a cruise destination, like Martinique.
Cabin 8720 is above Two 70. At night you get some noise from the music. It is not terrible but noticeable.
Cape Liberty (Bayonne), New Jersey
Expensive cab rides. Not within walking distance for most people to any shopping or anything else.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Barrachina is a great restaurant in Old Town.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
The Greenhouse is a fun restaurant. Try the Bang Bang Chicken.
Fort-De-France, Martinique
Be sure to have an excursion or take the ferry to the hotels. The ferry is close to where the ship docks.
Bridgetown, Barbados
If you arrive on a Sunday most of the shops will be closed.
Basseterre, St. Kitts
This is a port where you would be well advised to have and excursion or have a short day of shopping.

Be sure to book excursions early. Some fill up quickly. Don't miss Two 70. Some very good salads and sandwiches as well as breakfasts. Some of the entertainment was very creative. If you want to book a future cruise on board do it early in the cruise.