Oosterdam Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Very nice cruise, terrible food.

Sail Date: November 27, 2015

Room Type: Suite

The room was great. Very comfortable. Our room cleaners and the rest of the workers on the ship really made an effort to make sure everything was the best for their customers.  The only complaint  we had was with the food. It seems that Holland America was trying too hard to be unusual in their choice of dinner menus. I am not a fan of "pork cracklins" or "sweet breads".  I am old enough to know and understand what those things really are. The cheapest, lowest form of leftovers from killing the pig that there is. I guess that way the shipping company can save a lot of money on real meat and fish. I am waiting for them to tell me that "mountain oysters" is a real treat.For your info, its pig testicals.. Thank goodness for the salad bar. If this is what Holland is doing with the food, I will look for another cruise line.

Beautiful handicapped room.Bed was very comfortable. The room workers were the greatest.

The ship needs a lot of work. It's very tired and worn out. Rust everywhere. The ship is suppose to go into dry dock soon.I just wish it had happened before we took the cruise.