Overall GOOD Experience

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay Northbound (Vancouver To Seward)
Sail Date: June 08, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Sun

Overall cruise was GOOD.

Check-in at Vancouver was VERY SLOW!!! We intentionally arrived about an hour before departure and there was still a VERY LONG Line to check in.....

Some issues with the Garden Buffet Breakfast room...Frenzied experience. Did not eat breakfast there again. Everyone was frantic, cutting in line and it seemed very unorganized. The location of the food was not functional and caused many problems and not enough seating.

Had a wonderful balcony room on the right side as we headed North.

Captain was diligent to make sure everyone had photo shots at the glacier locations by making complete circles in place at least 2 times.

Shows were adequate for the size of the stage. The Show room needed some updating.

Ship was clean and staff was courteous. Sometimes it seemed that the left did not know what the right was doing at the main desk????? We would have to track down answers.

Our room was tip top and clean at all times.

Off shore tours were very good.

Food was good but not excellent even in the specialty dining rooms. The Brazilian Restaurant was probably the best one for us.

Our overall experience was a good one!

This was my 2nd cruise to Alaska. I prefer an even smaller ship ..... This was my 2nd NCL cruise ..... I would probably choose a different cruise line next time to see the differences. My Celebrity Alaska Cruise Ship was too big in '98.

Food was OK. Wait staff on the whole was excellent

Great Balcony Cabin .... met my expectations
Smaller hotels do not have air conditioning in many instances. Loved Vancouver.....
Be prepared in hotels....no air conditioning