Alaska Cruise review

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay Northbound (Vancouver To Seward)
Sail Date: June 08, 2015

This was our first time on any type of cruise.  Here are my dislikes of this particular cruise.  The first issue we had was that when we checked in with the Norwegian personnel we were given literally NO instruction from her.  We remarked that we felt like we were a bunch of cattle being herded.  We understand that there were nearly 2,000 people checking but even 1-2 minutes would have helped in knowing where to go even from the check-in area.  Even as we were boarding the ship those standing there told us nothing.  Eventually after about the 3-4 day we were able to manage going to most places on our own.

We were staying in a balcony room and another really BIG dislike is the lack of electrical outlets in the room.  Both my husband and I use a CPAP machine.  We were able to get a heavy duty extension cord for 1 of the machine but there was not another plug-in to run my CPAP machine so I had to go without using it for the entire cruise.  Plus we could not charge our cell phones in until after we woke up and then could only do 1 at a time.  I really believe that Norwegian needs to look into putting more outlets in the rooms especially with the increased use of cell phones where each person has one.  Another dislike is the price to hook up to Wi-fi.  Another thing that needs to be addressed in this day of technology.

Our room Steward was excellent and very friendly and knew our names immediately.  We felt very secure with her.  Everyone working on the ship was extremely friendly and helpful.  We were sometimes put-off by the pushy photographers.  There always seemed to be some kind of character in the pictures with us.  We definitely would have purchased some of the pictures of us for memories later but didn't really want to pay those prices for a picture of us with a moose, dolphin or lumberjack!

Overall our first experience cruising with Norwegian was great!

Please refer to my overall comment on the first page for specifics.

For the amount of money we spent for this cruise I don't really understand the upcharges for the specialty dining rooms.

We went to Victoria Island. The ferry and Victoria was great.
Having a balcony was the only way to go!
This was our favorite little town of the 3 we stopped at. It was charming!
The best part was the free wi-fi at the public library.
Loved the train to White Pass Summit.
Mesmerizing scenery
Awesome and was impressed how close the captain got us to the glacier!
Didn't get to see much of it because of an excursion that was leaving immediately.