Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

Pay Attention to the Itinerary/Lousy Food

Sail Date: September 06, 2015

When I read the itinerary for this cruise, it said it started on Sunday in Venice and you could use the ship as a hotel Sunday night as it didn't leave Venice until Monday. Well, what they didn't say was it left Venice Monday at 1 am. Which meant you really had Sunday to see Venice. What a let down. And I wasn't the only one who thought that.

Next, like most ships now, if you want a really decent meal, you have to dine in the 'exclusive' restaurants. Otherwise, you're going to get so-so food, not hot or cold, served by someone who could generally care less. I refused to cave and decided to pretend I was back in college. Come to think of it, dorm food was better.

The cabin was WAY smaller than I expected for the cost. And no light in the shower, although there was a fixture and we asked for a bulb. We were close to the elevators which was a blessing.
Venice, Italy
See, this shows it as 2 days. It isn't. LLPOF
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Unless you want to buy a carpet, pass on the rug demonstration. It was interesting but you can see one on You Tube and it will be cheaper.
Istanbul, Turkey
Mykonos, Greece
Naples, Italy
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
It is a hike, and I mean a HIKE from the bus parking to the town of Pisa. Be prepared.
Toulon, France
Barcelona, Spain
We booked an all day excursion because our flight out wasn't until 5pm. They took us on a couple of hours through town then dropped us at the airport where we sat for hours. Very disappointing.

We booked excursions through Shore Excursions as well as the ship. The former were much cheaper and smaller groups, just as well run - easier in one sense in that you just walked off the ship whereas the ones through the ship required meeting in the large hall then waiting to be called like cattle.

1 Comment