Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

My first cruise

Sail Date: June 23, 2014

This was my first cruise ever and I took a 12 night Mediterranean cruise on the Norwegian Spirit, picking the ship up in Venice, Italy and ending in Barcelona, Spain.  The shore excursions were fabulous, but the ship itself was a huge dissappointment!  At least 4 of the floor tiles in the shower were loose and black stuff would rise up from beneath them during the shower.  The food was pretty dull and uninspired and even though we bought the dining package to get into the "better" restaurants, the food wasn't any better than the giant buffet that comes with the price of the cruise.  In fact, the Italian one was so bad we couldn't even eat it and they didn't ask why we weren't eating our dinner - they just don't care.  The Asian restaurant used so much MSG that our ankles swelled up for hours afterwards!  The 'entertainment' was so amatuerish and cheesy that I couldn't sit through a single show.  And the big draw of activities while at sea was trying to sell you crap from tables in the lobby, and art auctions.  I feel sorry for the staff that does work very hard and our cabin steward, our favorite bartender and our favorite barrista were absolutely fabulous and had it not been for them the ship experience would have been a total disaster.

Manuel, Andreas and his helper, and our cabin steward made every effort to make our experience pleasurable.
Amateurish and cheesy.
Great shore excursions; expensive, but great.

See Manuel in The Shanghai Bar for great cocktails and he's very funny too!