Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Fall inside passage Alaskan Cruise

Sail Date: September 18, 2016

Overall was a good trip.  The Ship was nice but smaller than the new ones, it still had plenty of activities, but fewer shows than I am used to (only about 4 nights).  It had some good ports, but too many (see below).  I Booked in the fall to try and see northern lights, but it also allows for more of the Glacier ice ways to be free.  This allowed the captain to take the ship deep into glacier bay NP to get a good look at the glaciers.  Weather was still ok (mid 50s) and the water is calm in the inside passage.  Downside was the extra port.... We left Glacier Bay early afternoon to get to Ketchikan at 6am to leave at noon, to get to Victoria Canada at 6pm to leave at midnight.  The stops didn't allow for time to do or see much, not to mention being there at bad times (real early and late).  I Would have like more time in the Bay and Ketchikan and skip Victoria.

Was a picture window sized cabin. I have been inside and had balconies. figured with the cooler weather a oceanview was fine. Was still able to look out and see Alaskan and even a whale, but didn't pay for a balcony that we wouldn't use. If I went again, I would book a similar room
Ship wasn't as straight forward as some others I have been on, but it made exploring more fun and created some neat little areas.
Some nice excursions, but with the real early and short time in port, didn't get to do one of them.
Was good, but fewer shows than I am used to.
Seattle, Washington
Juneau, Alaska
Skagway, Alaska
Cruise Glacier Bay
Ketchikan, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Since we got in late, we were going to just shop. However, the shopping is a couple miles away. Be prepared to walk or pay for some sort of transportation.

At busy times it is hard to find a table around the buffet. When this happened we went to o'sheehan's. Still included in the price, but was usually able to be seated right away.

1 Comment