Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Revisit the Glaciers before they're GONE!!

Sail Date: May 29, 2016

This was our 25th total cruise, 10th on NCL, and our 4th Alaskan Inland Passage visiting Glacier Bay.  Our first Alaskan cruise was in 2002 on the Norweign Sky, then the Norweign Star in 2006, Holland America Zaandam in 2010, then last May 2016 on the Norweign Pearl.  I compared all of the pictures -then and after - of the Glaciers in Glacier National Bay - it's AMAZING how much the Glaciers have RECEDED!!  If you haven't seen our last frontier - ALASKA - you had better go now before it all melts AWAY!!  The Norweign Pearl was an great ship, the service was excellent, the food and the entertainment was OUTSTANDING!!  The only "complaint" I always have with THESE CRUISE ships - is when they deduct the GRATUITIES DAILY AUTOMATIC OFF my Credit Card!!  There is nothing in writing about these charges when you sign up for the cruise - they will inform you about these charges WHEN YOU'RE ALREADY ON BOARD AND SAILING!!  These Gratuities are suppose to be for all the people that give you service: Cabin Steward, the Waiters & Busboys, and their SUPERVISORS (i found out).  Everyone knows that not EVERYONE WHO serve us are EXCELLENT- there are lazy ones as well!! And what gives the Cruise Companys the right to determine & disperse my funds - IT IS OUR RIGHT AS TO WHO WE COMPENSATE for a job well done!!  I found out that My Cabin Steward & Waiters & Busboy get the smalls share of the gratuities that is collected.  I have fought this battle on every cruise to have these daily gratuity deduction reverse from my credit card and I DO COMPENSATE THOSE THAT HAVE SERVED US WELL AT THE END OF EACH CRUISE  - APPROPRIATELY.  Some of these workers are still friends of ours and correspond with each other on FACEBOOK.  Be aware of these Cruise Company policies and inform them that - MAYBE THEY SHOULD PAY THERE WORKERS A DECENT WAGE!

It was smaller than we usually select on OCEANVIEW, but it was on the 8th level and close to the elevator and the Atrium. Overall our cabin was just there for us to crash after a hard day, plus being on the higher level and near Mid-ship, you didn't feel the "rocking and rolling" during turblent sailing.

Always had my cup of coffee, a good book to read, with EVERYTHING YOUR HEART DESIRE to munch on at the AFT (Back of the Ship). While everyone is rushing and crowded together at the UPPER Decks to view the Glacier or ANYTHING that is interesting - go the Level 6 or the Garden Buffet Aft deck !