Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Alaskan Cruise for first time cruisers!

Sail Date: June 05, 2016

Alaskan cruise was amazing!!  First time for both my hubby and I to take a cruise. We Loved Glacier Bay, it's a MUST!!  NCL was great!  Entertainment was fun, food and staff were awesome!! Enjoyed having the unlimited beverage package! Rooms were clean. We booked one excursion with the ship and knowing now how things work, we would book with the ship.  We had booked a couple on our own. Alaskan weather was amazing and scenery is breathtaking!!  Since this was our first cruise experience and have nothing to compare it to, we'd surely cruise NCL again!!

Jerry & Michelle Paulson

I was unsure if I'd be claustrophobic and have issues with sea sickness. The room was just fine, we were out and about so much that it didn't matter! Couple of friends had a balcony and we did enjoy that too!! Depends upon your budget. Plenty of room on the ship to see glaciers and scenery without feeling cramped. Fellow cruisers were kind and willing to allow photos, so not having a balcony was ok for us. Had it just been my hubby and I, I'd consider a balcony. Loved the towel figurines!! The crab was awesome!!
Seattle, Washington
Used the light rail, inexpensive to visit and enjoyed Pike's Market and Space Needle. We rented a car and drove the entire Mount Ranier area. Beautiful!!
Juneau, Alaska
Hubby Loved the whale watching!!
Skagway, Alaska
Bennett Train ride was Awesome!! Beautiful scenery!!
Cruise Glacier Bay
Breathtaking!! A MUST!!!
Ketchikan, Alaska
Victoria, British Columbia
Buchart Gardens and tour booked through the ship was AWESOME!

Bring a camera. I wore a seaband and that helped with nausea. Do the unlimited beverage package if you like to have a cocktail or two. Check out the various restaurants!