Nice cruise and beautiful scenery

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

10 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Vancouver To Seattle)
Sail Date: May 05, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Pearl

The Pearl is a nice ship.  Most of the staff was very friendly and always willing to help.  I am a solo traveler so my room was adequate for me.  It was an inside cabin and would be really tight for 2 people.

I especially want to comment on the dry suit snorkeling excursion.  My guides Ryan and Brent were wonderful.  I am 69 and had a respiratory infection so my stamina was low.  Ryan was extra helpful when I got tired.  He pulled me in on a boogie board.  I was a little disappointed that most of what I saw were different kinds of star fish and some sea urchins.   The experience of snorkeling in very cold water and not being cold, except for your face,  was very unusual.

I did not eat in the specialty restaurants, so I can't speak for the food there, but the other cafes and buffets had the same food all the time.  A little variety would have been nice.

The train ride was just ok.  Nothing spectacular for the money.

The best of Victoria bus ride was not worth the money.  Seemed like a house tour.

Overall I would say the cruise was very nice, but for me the excursions were the highlights. The best were the Mendenhall canoe and hike up the glacier and the Bearing Sea crab boat excursion.  They were not on the Norwegian tour schedule, but I would say they were the best.

Ok for 1 traveler, would be really tight for 2.
I did not go into town. Did the glacier canoe and hike tour.