Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Paid Vacation turns into Paid more for no Care

Sail Date: July 16, 2016

I spent $1200 savings on the cruise and up to $2000 on the trip from New York to embark from Seattle on a 7 day cruise to Alaska! Going away for the first time with my romantic partner of 7 months, couldn't wait!

On the first night, had the unfortunate reality of pinching a nerve caused by my spine which produced radiating, unstoppable pain from my neck through my back shoulder and most painfully down my arm. The next 7 days of my trip would change to visiting the medical center 3 times, charging more for "non-hours" to get staff in the medical center, which is essentially 20/24 hours of the day, and offering progressive solutions to a severe problem, costing me more each time I have to summon them for procedures that aren't working to minimize my pain whatsoever.

Also, having to try acupuncture which cost $300/2 visits, and sadly I did get more TLC from her & she even advised me to stop coming b/c it wasn't working & she actually wanted to make a difference. After spending an additional $1500 in the medical center (more than my cruise), I writhed and groaned and was mostly confined to my room for 7 days. Despite pleas for help, I was left in a dark, windowless room to ache for just a moment of relief which was never provided. All request for any assistance, as I cannot afford this, was denied and turned away from.

Was so hurt and only the treatment I've begun to receive since I've left is making any difference for this acute nerve issue. Would appreciate a return of any funds whatsoever. Will have to call corporate office but no high hopes.Angry

My dungeon for 7 days of misery