A great vacation

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 30, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

An Alaskan cruise has been on the "bucket list" for along time and finally became a reality.  We had only been on one previous cruise about 15 years ago, and I don't know if Norwegian is the best cruise line available, but I do know we had a wonderful time and everything about the cruise  far exceeded our expectations.  The only "hiccup" came at check out time.  We booked a more expensive stateroom,, which came with onboard credits.  We were told we could use the onboard credits to pay for gratuities, but at check out we found the gratuities were charged separately to my credit card, and I was left with a large balance of unused onboard credit. However, the nice lady at the customer service desk refunded the charge to my credit card, and I walked away a happy Norwegian  customer.  I would certainly not hestitate to book another Norwegian cruise.

Don't pay for onboard credits up front. Just let them charge your account and pay-up at check out. Unused onboard credits are not refunded, and are lost if you leave with a balance