Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Don't Miss Alaska!

Sail Date: May 16, 2015

This cruise was great for all ages!  We took our grandson and were concerned, at first, that he would be bored on the ship.  He was completely entertained the entire cruise:  Splash Academy took childcare and kid-friendly activities to a whole new level!  There was hours of energy-draining fun available along with learning events.  He was even on stage with the Splash Academy presentation; he felt comfortable and made many friends. He says Splash Academy was the best time he has ever had!   We all enjoyed the dining options available:  sometimes we dressed up and when we didn't feel like it, we grabbed food from the outside buffet.  And, don't let the idea of Alaska prevent you from bringing a swimsuit and jumping in the pool or hot tubs -- you will be glad you did!  Otherwise, enjoy the care and pampering you will get from all of the NCL crew. The excellent service and attitudes are completely opposite of the airline/TSA hassle we routinely experience when on vacation. A great time!

Beautiful ship, in excellent condition.
We ate in almost every restaurant -- really enjoyed Tsar Restaurant.
Great Splash Academy staff!
I can't say enough about how our grandson LOVED the programs.
Loved Alaska. The train up White Pass was breath-taking, be sure to stand on the platform outside for the best pictures.
First, the cabin was great -- we had a bad experience there that was frightening and I don't know if anyone ever looked into the problem. The night that we left Victoria, my husband, our grandson, and I were on the balcony and shut the sliding glass door to the inside, as usual. This time the door locked. We were caught outside with no way back in and it was dark. We called and yelled, while knocking on the particians between the individual decks. No one heard us. The ship was moving fast and the engine muffled all of our noise. Finally, my 65-year old husband stood on our deck recliner, balanced off of our balcony and swung his leg over to land on a deck table on the balcony next to us. He knocked on our neighbor's door in order to walk through to get back to my grandson and I, waiting on our balcony. We notified our room steward who was in the hallway and he replied that the balcony door can lock if shut hard. We then went to Guest Services to report the problem with the door, and were told it would be checked. We really don't want this to happen to anyone else and would like to hear if this issue has been looked into. Thank you.
Seattle, Washington
Go to the fish market and watch them throwing fish!
Ketchikan, Alaska
Go to the glacier! It is amazing! Great souvenir shopping in town.
Juneau, Alaska
Lumberjacks rule! This is fun and stress-free.
Cruise Sawyer Glacier
I can't say beautiful enough! Didn't think the ship could be turned around completely so everyone sees the beauty of the glacier.
Skagway, Alaska
Our favorite place -- has the feel of an old, small mining town still. Take the White Pass train trip, you won't be disappointed, the views are spectacular.
Victoria, British Columbia
I would have liked more time in Skagway instead of coming here.

We liked the music alentertainment throughout the ship. We heard fantastic sounds at the piano bar, the ship's band was great (great horn) and the outdoor 4-piece group that played even in cloudy weather was fun! There was music for everyone -- everyone danced, at least once!