great entertainment

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 30, 2014

Having had a previous excellent experience with NCL, we were very much looking forward to the cruise.  I was planning on bringing a very nice bottle of Champagne for sailaway, only to find out that you have changed your policy, and would require a "corkage" fee.  Since I had already spent a pretty penny on the wine, I thought it improper to be charged an extra $15 just to open it.  Foolish on your part, in my opinion. Having said that, the cruise experience was very nice, no glass of champagne on boarding which I kind of expected.

The stateroom was nice, and you have done an excellent job of providing convenient storage space for everything in the room.  Kudos for that.

We really liked Czar's Palace, with its upscale decor, and ate there often for breakfast and dinner.  We also liked the O'Sheehan's option.  We generally avoid the madhouse at the buffets.  One suggestion would be that you offer your best menu on "dress up night".  We were disappointed with the selections that evening.

The workout room was also very good, with everything one would expect at a nice facility.  Steam room with music was a nice touch.

Onboard entertainment was top notch in my opinion.  The dancers and circus acts were amazing, and we very much enjoyed the magician.  Every performance was a pleasure to watch.

All in all, a good cruise, but we will probably look elsewhere for our next cruise, the corkage fee policy being my major complaint.  You should allow one bottle per adult passenger, as other lines do.  By the way, I attended all 3 wine tastings onboard, and had a glass or two every evening with dinner, so its not like I'm trying be overly frugal.