Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Another fabulous NCL cruise!

Sail Date: August 30, 2014

My seventh cruise with NCL and it will not be my last.  My husband and I love everything about NCL - freestyle cruising, the cruise staff, the restaurant chefs and staff, and all the friendly NCL personnel.  Of especial fun this cruise were the Cruise Director and his staff - Zany Zach, Mighty Matt, Kevin and all the other talented, funny and dedicated crew.  All the staff were very accommodating; the chef at the Garden Cafe even made a special batch of chilled soup just for my husband, as it is his favorite treat on NCL.  The entertainment was wonderful, especially the Russian aerialists.  Our only complaint was that the cruise was over way too quickly!

Loved the Washy Washy guys, the chef in the Garden Cafe, Zany Zach and Mighty Matt
Entertainment The Russian aerialists, Duo Deja Vu, were outstanding; thoroughly enjoyed David Nestor; the Cruise staff talent show was amazing.
Well laid out for an inside cabin. Lots of storage space.
Ketchikan, Alaska
Juneau, Alaska
Loved walking to the falls at the Mendenhall Glacier. Took a tax from the ship - the driver was a great mini-tour guide.
Cruise Sawyer Glacier
It was unbelievable to see how much the glacier had receded since my cruise 8 years ago. WoW!
Skagway, Alaska
Rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake in the Yukon. Fabulous drive!
Victoria, British Columbia
Butchart Gardens did not disppoint! Victoria has a great downtown area to explore. Shops galore, street musicians, and incredible museum.

We wished we had participated in more of the evening game shows. The two we did attend were hilarious!