Another fabulous NCL cruise!

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 30, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

My seventh cruise with NCL and it will not be my last.  My husband and I love everything about NCL - freestyle cruising, the cruise staff, the restaurant chefs and staff, and all the friendly NCL personnel.  Of especial fun this cruise were the Cruise Director and his staff - Zany Zach, Mighty Matt, Kevin and all the other talented, funny and dedicated crew.  All the staff were very accommodating; the chef at the Garden Cafe even made a special batch of chilled soup just for my husband, as it is his favorite treat on NCL.  The entertainment was wonderful, especially the Russian aerialists.  Our only complaint was that the cruise was over way too quickly!

The Russian aerialists, Duo Deja Vu, were outstanding; thoroughly enjoyed David Nestor; the Cruise staff talent show was amazing.

Loved the Washy Washy guys, the chef in the Garden Cafe, Zany Zach and Mighty Matt

Well laid out for an inside cabin. Lots of storage space.

We wished we had participated in more of the evening game shows. The two we did attend were hilarious!

Loved walking to the falls at the Mendenhall Glacier. Took a tax from the ship - the driver was a great mini-tour guide.
It was unbelievable to see how much the glacier had receded since my cruise 8 years ago. WoW!
Rented a car and drove to Emerald Lake in the Yukon. Fabulous drive!
Butchart Gardens did not disppoint! Victoria has a great downtown area to explore. Shops galore, street musicians, and incredible museum.