The Haven was Heaven

Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Western Caribbean (Miami Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 08, 2016
Cabin Type: Suite

When staying in a Haven Suite, you are treated like a prince. The staff go above and beyond to make sure all of your needs, wants and desires are taken care of.

You are immediately greeted by your personal butler, who takes care of all your requests from additional fruit in the morning to a healthy quantity of espresso capsules throughout the day.

Within an hour, you meet your steward who learns your daily routine. Mine was going to the gym and the thermal and observation spa. My room was always cleaned during the 2 hours I was away.

The Haven bartender only needed to learn my name and drink once and she greeted me with a brilliant smile and a double, even when I didn't ask.Wink

My personal waiter immediately new my name and always told me which entree and dessert he thought I would like. I am a huge fan of sea bass and triple layer cake in the Haven restaurant.

The thermal spa and observation deck is the best place on any ship I have ever sailed, this includes the larger Allure.

The gym could be larger and gets crowded, I prefer the gym on the Allure.

The Haven Spa suite is exceptionally decorated and is a nice size room.

The balcony is a bit small and I prefer the balcony on the Allure.

The Haven sun deck is exceptional. On sea days, it always has a nice breeze in the forward area. Wait staff are always coming by with water, snacks and if you want to drink in the sun, that as well. Yummy

I had 3 dine outs and used them on the brazillian steakhouse and Cagneys. The brazillian steakhouse is not angus beef, so it was not what I am used too. Cagney serves a Tomahawk 39oz angus beef prime that is outstanding. I had it on 2 of my dine outs. I went to the garden buffet once and never returned. I went for Sushi once and also never returned. If you want a great machiatto or espresso the coffee bar freshly grinds their beans per order.

I did stub my toe hard on the first night of the trip going into the suite bathroom. It is raised and there is adequate signage of "watch your step", but it happened anyway.

Since coming home, I have done research on the updated Allure as well as the Escape. The Allure has larger balconies and gym but the Escape has a better Haven area, better thermal observation suite and more inclusive feeling of being special. I do like Central Park on the Allure but the Tomahawk steak is that good. I guess I'll have to sail one of each. Happy

Haven restaurant and Cagney's

Love the thermal spa and observation area.

Burn the Floor was outstanding

Butler, steward, bartender, server were exceptional.

Haven areas were spotless.

Nicely decorated. Could have done without the raised floor going into the bathroom.

Stay in a Haven suite, only. Get the drink package. Get a few dine outs.

West Bay Beach was good but getting there is an adventure.
Never tender.
Great beach right off the ship. Dolphin fun as well.
What can you say, it's a tourist area.